The Wolfram suite of products includes powerful learning tools across science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and is internationally recognised as the global industry standard for engineers, economists, scientists and mathematicians. The suite has four unique applications in the areas of computation, problem modelling, coding and more:
- Mathematica: Computation software with a broad range of functionality including graphical, geometric, numerical, symbolic, financial and statistical computations.
- SystemModeler: A complete physical modelling and simulation tool to explore system behaviour across multiple domains.
- Alpha Pro: A powerful tool for finding answers through dynamic computations on built-in data, algorithms and methods.
- Programming Lab: An environment to learn programming language and modern computational thinking.
All Victorian secondary schools are now able to access the Wolfram software suite for free, thanks to a three-year agreement made by the Department of Education and Training.
To find out more about the Software go to: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/learningdev/vicstem/Pages/wolframsoftware.aspx
Wolfram educators will deliver three professional learning sessions in November:
Wolfram Hands-On Training
- 22 November – Geelong Grammar, 10am-4pm
- 24 November – Nagle College Bairnsdale, 10am-4pm
- Further sessions will be offered in March 2017 – details TBA
28 November – Carlton