Find the complete unit in the Digital Technologies Digipub
Digital Technologies Curriculum L9-10 Data and Information
- Analyse simple compression of data and how content data are separated from presentation.
- Develop techniques for acquiring, storing and validating quantitative and qualitative data from a range of sources, considering privacy and security requirements.
- Analyse and visualise data to create information and address complex problems, and model processes, entities and their relationships using structured data.
- Manage and collaboratively create interactive solutions for sharing ideas and information online, taking into account social contexts and legal responsibilities.
- Analysing the Game: explore the research behind sports data collection. Please note teachers will need to create a free login to access the quality teaching resources. Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Exploring Binary Code: use this activity to support students to be able to explain on-off terms of binary coding. Please note teachers will need to create a free login to access this quality resource. Institute of Engineering and Technology
- The Australian Magician’s Dream: use this lesson sequence to help students to understand computational thinking, algorithms and data. Paul Curzon and Peter McOwan
- Computational Thinking – Searching to Speak: use this idea to create a sequence of lessons supporting students to explore computational thinking, data, binary, and algorithms. Paul Curzon
See Full Unit: