Find the complete unit in the Digital Technologies Digipub
- Investigate how digital systems represent text, image and sound data in binary.
- Acquire data from a range of sources and evaluate their authenticity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Analyse and visualise data using a range of software to create information, and use structured data to model objects or events.
- Manage, create and communicate interactive ideas, information and projects collaboratively online, taking safety and social contexts into account.
- Analysing the Game: explore the research behind sports data collection. Please note teachers will need to create a free login to access the quality teaching resources. Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Exploring Binary Code: use this activity to support students to be able to explain on-off terms of binary coding. Please note teachers will need to create a free login to access this quality resource. Institute of Engineering and Technology
- The Australian Magician’s Dream: use this lesson sequence to help students to understand computational thinking, algorithms and data. Paul Curzon and Peter McOwan
- Computational Thinking – Searching to Speak: use this idea to create a sequence of lessons supporting students to explore computational thinking, data, binary, and algorithms. Paul Curzon
See Full Unit: