Select Page

My Story My Content Short Film Competition is an initiative of IP Awareness and Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM).

It provides primary and secondary school students with the opportunity to make a 60-second short film or animation celebrating local screen creativity, and win fantastic prizes in the process.

My Story My Content calls for aspiring student filmmakers to focus on the value of creativity and the need to respect the work of creators and filmmakers in Australia and New Zealand for details

There are some teaching resources available

The My Story My Content Short Film Competition is your opportunity to tell a unique story about YOU, your creativity and why it is worth protecting.

mystorywinner2014

Click here to watch last years winner

Background

Australia has a world-class film and television industry and you’re closer to it than you think. Around 900,000 Australians owe their jobs – directly or indirectly – to creative industries. Tens of thousands of Australian small businesses – from dry cleaners to caterers, who proudly quote the movie business as one of their clients – support film and television production.

Last year alone, film and television industries in Australia contributed over $5 billion to the Australian economy and generated around 49,000 full-time equivalent jobs.

When you purchase legitimate content you help support a thriving movie and television industry, which means more jobs, a stronger economy, and a greater array of entertainment choices for everyone.