Connecting your students to others across the globe, and undertaking meaningful collaboration is powerful learning in action.
It may seem a bit daunting at first but these two organisations have educators at the ready to help.
A reminder that any Global2 educator is able to invite their international school into their blog. You will just need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us add your partner school’s email to the Global2 community.
iEARN (International Education and Resource Network) is the world’s largest non-profit global network that enables teachers and youth to use the Internet and other technologies to collaborate on projects that enhance learning and make a difference in the world. http://www.iearn.org/
Flat Connections Global Projects starting February 2015 – with something for all levels of K-12.
Here is a summary of projects available:
- K-2 Building Bridges to Tomorrow (for all PK-Grade 2 students – beginning school age to about 7 years old)
- ‘A Week in the Life…’ (for Grades 3-6 – about 8 until 11/12 years old)
- Digitween Project (for Grades 4-8 – about 9 until 12/13 years old)
- Digiteen Project (for Grades 8-12 – about 12/13 until 18 years old)
- Flat Connections Global Project (for Middle-High school, Grades 8/9-12, about 14-18 years old)
- Global Youth Debates (for Grades 5-12 – about 10 until 18 years old)
All projects start again in February 2015. Don’t miss out!
Do you have questions about Flat Connections projects? Please browse the FAQ page – it’s NEW!
The motto “Learn about the world, with the world!”