Select Page

This blew me away when my colleague Peter Maggs sent it to me. Its simplicity yet seemingly clever results. For years in my work I have sort out the perfect search and clustering has always interested me. Clustering is where the results are clustered under themes or topics according to  the meta data (Think library catalogue card info) that is wrapped around the webresource. Really smart ones could search through the text (as google does) but bagtheweb.com does all of this through the most creditible webresources including blogs and other social media sources. Worth a look to present students with a view of another type of search and to challenge and inquire about what they know and understand about the search.

This is not so much about getting fabulous search results but more about starting the discussion around what students know about search – in most cases Google.

Try it out at http://www.bagtheweb.com have fun! Sandy

bagtheweb.com

Viewing Message: 1 of 1.
Notice

Attention Global2 users: Department-funding for Global2 is being discontinued.

The Department of Education and Training will not be funding the use of Global2 past the end of the current contract on 31st of December 2020.

Please refer to FUSE for further details on the discontinuation of funding and transition options available for schools.