Select Page

Digital Immigrants Unite! an article by Bill Ferriter the Tempered Radical

Let me start with a borderline heretical confession:  I believe that the terms “digital natives” and “digital immigrants” have done more harm than good in shaping the direction of teaching and learning in the 21st Century.

The way I see it, calling students “digital natives” and any adult over the age of 35 “digital immigrants” all-too-often leaves teachers convinced that they have no real place in helping students to figure out how to grow as capable and competent learners.

We’ve inadvertently handed over all ownership and discredited our expertise, y’all — assuming that spending our formative years with notepads instead of iPads means we’ve got nothing to add to conversations with our students about how technology empowers learners. Full article 

Viewing Message: 1 of 1.
Notice

Attention Global2 users: Department-funding for Global2 is being discontinued.

The Department of Education and Training will not be funding the use of Global2 past the end of the current contract on 31st of December 2020.

Please refer to FUSE for further details on the discontinuation of funding and transition options available for schools.