Select Page

Tagxedo ‘turns words — famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, even your love letters — into a visually stunning tag cloud, words individually sized appropriately to highlight the frequencies of occurrence within the body of text.’

Earlier this year, I wrote a blogpost about Tagul which was a clever iteration of the word cloud generator Wordle.  Tagxedo takes the interactive flavour of Tagul and adds a really nice feature to it – customisable images. The ability to upload images to use as the shape for your word clouds is really compelling and I was pleased with how easy it was to tweak the parameters to get a really identifiable graphic for my Tagxedo’s text (Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson – see below).

I loved the number of options with layout, font, colour and shape. Everything is there.

Also, the opportunity to bring up all the history of all tweaks was brilliant – it is very easy to go back to an earlier experiment.

It should be noted that Tagxedo is done in Silverlight which isn’t used as commonly as Flash or Java, but I found the app ran really smoothly (NB: I already had Silverlight installed).

Tagxedo allows you to save your work by submitting to the site. All the features are free in the Beta – it’ll be interesting to see how it goes when the app moves out of this stage.

Viewing Message: 1 of 1.
Notice

Attention Global2 users: Department-funding for Global2 is being discontinued.

The Department of Education and Training will not be funding the use of Global2 past the end of the current contract on 31st of December 2020.

Please refer to FUSE for further details on the discontinuation of funding and transition options available for schools.