Select Page

Ten year old Keyzy has learned about collaborative blogging and benefited from international comments on the Halloween poem she posted on the  collaborative blog, Once Upon A Midnight.  With ten days still to go to Halloween you could join in the fun too. Perhaps you might like to add to the round robin story generated from a photograph and prompt by a member of the Connect Team.  If you want to post as a guest the sign in details at Once Upon A Midnight are all explained here.

Hi, Keyzy here. I come from Australia, but I celebrate Halloween because my Dad comes from America. I’m also ten years old. Our house is decked out with Halloween stuff .(Pictures coming with our next post). When people drive past they always stare, that’s because they don’t celebrate halloween in Australia. I made up a poem about Halloween. Hope you like it.

We’ve got bats, we’ve got cats, hanging from the roof, I lost my tooth.

Maybe the mummy is a dummy or the devil’s up to its level.

Or the ghost wants to be toast and the bony is very lonely.

Since it’s Halloween let’s have some fun not like those teens that say it’s dumb.

Say trick or treat to whoever you may meet.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

AG00409_

I loved this post Keyzy and hope that you are having a lot of fun decorating your place. Make sure you do post lots of your photographs. Everyone here will love to see them. And do keep writing poems and finding fun images to show us.

Comment by Heather Blakey October 19, 2009 @ 11:33 am |Edit This

Hi Kezy, you may have never been to America to celebrate Halloween, but you certainly know what it feels like to celebrate it here- which is amazing to me.

Please do send some pictures here- if you can. I would love to see your decorations.

Halloween Wishes From
Anita Marie

Comment by Anita Marie October 19, 2009 @ 12:32 pm |Edit This

Hi, Keyzy. I really like your Halloween poem. And I agree with you that Halloween is fun, not dumb. Thank you for posting.

Lori

Comment by Lori October 19, 2009 @ 1:03 pm |Edit This

Keyzey, I really do love your Halloween post. Maybe folks seeing all your decorations will start celebrating Halloween too. Wouldn’t that be fun.

Vi

Comment by woodnymph October 19, 2009 @ 1:49 pm |Edit This

What fun! Your poem has great rhythm and you have all the makings of a Happy Halloween! Your trick is a real treat! Kezza

Comment by kvwordsmith October 19, 2009 @ 2:21 pm |Edit This

Wonderfully expressed Keyzey! You sure are a lucky soul to get to celebrate Halloween.

Thank you for sharing!

Happy Halloween Greetings,
Jade

Comment by JLB October 19, 2009 @ 5:25 pm |Edit This

Hi, Keyzey! If American weren’t so far away, I would love to go trick or treating at your house! Your poem is very good and I am so glad you shared it with us!

Comment by Sally October 19, 2009 @ 11:39 pm |Edit This

Glad you love Halloween, Keyzey, so do we – celebrate it every year. I love your poem, hope you post more.

Comment by Gail October 20, 2009 @ 9:25 am |Edit This

How fun, Keyzey! Will be great to see how the house looks!

Comment by imogen88 October 20, 2009 @ 10:13 am |Edit This

What a lovely poem! I can’t wait to see your Hallween pictures too! I live in Canada and we adore the holiday here as well.

Comment by cydlee61 October 20, 2009 @ 4:12 pm |Edit This

Hey Keyzey! Great poem and well done on getting involved with this blog. I’m looking forward to your next post – I love all the decorations you have on your house!
From your old teacher Miss McGeady!

Comment by Kathleen McGeady October 21, 2009 @ 5:39 am |Edit This