This week is global handwashing week. Global handwashing day is on October 15th. My students will be writing a post on this global event and answering these questions as a post:-
Why would there be a global handwashing day?
- What purpose would it have?
- Write about good handwashing practise – what is handwashing, why handwash, where…., when…
- Check out the official website and link this to your post
- Form a group of three and take a photo of one or two of your group washing their hands. Add this to the post. Go out one group at a time. Share the photo amongst your group and add this image to your post c
- Think of at least 12 words that come to mind when you think of handwashing. Put these words into tagul to make your word cloud. When finished grab the code and embed it in your post. Make sure that you refer to the site and link it to tagul.
We have asked some of our global connections to email us a photo of them washing their hands so that we can put these up on our noticeboard.
Encourages students to think on a global basis.
Raise awareness of the impact of the H1N1 flu strain, the effects of the current typhoons, tsunamis etc may have on the increase in disease etc
Realise that we are indeed the ‘lucky country’
Makes students realise that people throughout the world have similar passions and goals, and if we work together we can start to solve some of the worldwide problems.