Find the complete unit in the Digital Technologies Digipub
- Recognise and explore patterns in data and represent data as pictures, symbols and diagrams.
- Collect, explore and sort data, and use digital systems to present the data creatively.
- Independently and with others create and organise ideas and information using information systems, and share these with known people in safe online environments.
- Shapes that tessellate: a range of printable templates for students to explore patterns and tessellations through the use of colour. Ask students to complete the pattern that a friend has designed? Jo Edkins
- Nrich Maths: Handling Data: use this collection of lesson ideas by Nrich, to explain to students how to collect, handle, sort and represent data. The individual lesson ideas give the teacher a detailed plan of how to teach the content in an investigative mode, including possible questions and extensions. University of Cambridge
- How is data stored on a computer?: use this resource to support students to understand how computers store data. As an extension of this activity students create short videos and photos using a digital camera or a tablet and transfer these to a computer. Start a discussion with students about how video and images are stored on a computer and different sizes/types of files. BBC Bitesize
- Find More http://www.digipubs.vic.edu.au/pubs/digitaltechnologies/digital-technologies-F_L2_data_and_information