Information Sessions for teachers and artists about the Artists in Schools funding program are being held in June and July across the Victoria. The Department of Education and Training, funded Artists in Schools funding program provides opportunities for professional artists to work with young people in Victorian primary and secondary schools. Schools engage an artist for approximately 20 days to work with students and teachers, from any curriculum area, on a creative project. These projects may be in any art form and need to support learning across the curriculum.
These information sessions are being held across Victoria and online, via Blackboard Collaborate, on the following dates. Schools must book as places are limited.
· Online 1: Tuesday 14 July 2015 (4:00-5:00pm)
· Online 2: Wednesday 15 July 2015 (4:00-5:00pm)
· Healesville: Friday 17 July 2015 (4:30-6:30pm)
· Online 3: Tuesday 21 July 2015 (4:00-5:00pm)
· Melbourne: Wednesday 22 July 2015 (5:30 – 7:30pm)
· Benalla: Friday 24 July 2015 (4:30 – 6:30pm)
Book here – http://www.creative.vic.gov.au/AIS
Applications for the Artists in Schools funding program are due Tuesday 8 September 2015 for projects starting after 10 April in 2016.