Select Page

Being a secondary teacher, I have found blogging with years 7 to 12 to be a powerful tool for learning. However, Kathleen McGeady, who teaches grade 2,  will tell us why “Blogging isnt just for Big Kids!” in an exciting webinar on Tuesday, November 9th at 3:45pm (Melbourne, Australia gmt+11).  Her class blog, http://2kmblog.globalstudent.org.au/reached 20,000 visitors last week – a great readership to talk about!

Here is the link to join this online session in elluminate. You can enter the room, up to 30 mins prior to its commencement.

In this online webinar, Kathleen will discuss and share the following:-

• How I got started
  • Why I got started
  • About our class blog
  • Benefits of blogging
  • The process I follow to introduce students to blogging
  • How blogging has flattened our classroom walls (global connections and global projects)
  • Some of the web 2.0 tools we incorporate into blogging
  • Tips for better blogging

2km blog screen dump

About Kathleen: Kathleen is in her seventh year of teaching at Leopold Primary School on the Bellarine Peninsula. She is currently teaching grade two,is an Ultranet Lead User and has always had a strong interest in ICT which she was able to explore further through Teacher Professional Leave in 2008.
Kathleen’s class blog is a central part of her teaching as are iPod Touches, IWB, global collaborative projects and various Web 2.0 technologies.She writes a blog for educators and, along with Simon Collier, Kathleen began a weekly e-newsletter for teachers in January 2010 called Tech Tools for Teachers.