Blogs are a perfect platform for pulling together a whole range of content – like your online tool belt.
Blogging on your phone or tablet
There are a range of different options you can use for blogging on your iOS and android mobile devices.
Embedding content like slides, videos, comic strips, quizzes, polls into your blog posts takes your posts to the next level; providing opportunities for readers’ engagement and interaction in ways not achievable using plain text and images.
Most online tools provide embed code that you can use to embed what you’ve found or created into your posts and pages.
You add embed code to posts or pages as follows:
1. Locate the embed code for the media you created or want to embed.
- Websites use a range of different icons to represent Embed code.
- Look for icons like </>, the word Embed or hover your mouse over icons until you see the word Embed.
2. Copy the embed code.
3. Go to Posts > Add New.
4. Place your cursor where you want the the video to appear and then click on the Add Media button.
5. In the Add Media window click on the Insert Embed Code tab.
6. Paste the embed code into the Insert Embed code box and click Insert into post.
7. When you have finished writing your post click Publish.
8. You should now see your embedded media when you view the published post.
If your school filter blocks YouTube the alternative is to use FUSE which also produces an embed code. Teachers can upload their videos to their FUSE desktop (Log in on the page under teacher log in) and embed it from there.
Embedding is particularly good because it is not making a copy of a resource it is pointing to it and therefore does not breach copyright. A teacher should consider the Moral rights in copying a video they know breaches copyright.