Global2 is the Department of Education and Training blogging platform and is its own ‘Campus’ of Edublogs. It has a Campus App for iPad and Android devices. http://global2.vic.edu.au/tips-and-tricks/
The technology is the same as Edublogs but there is no cost or advertising on Global2 for Victorian government and catholic schools. The support files http://global2.vic.edu.au/technicalsupport/
refer to many Edublogs resources.
Setting up a teacher blog
- Go to the Global2 website – http://global2.vic.edu.au/
- Create a Global2 account using your Edumail email account. See the Edublogs help files at: http://help.edublogs.org/getting-started-with-edublogs/ But make sure you are setting up in Global2.
This will set up your user account and your first blog.
- Give students permissions to comment on the blog http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/2011/02/14/student-blogging-activity-1-setting-up-your-class-blog/
To set up and manage individual student blogs: Students will need an email address. All government school students have this available http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/teachers/support/Pages/tecsupport.aspx
- Create individual student blogs (from the teacher blog’s ‘dashboard’) with the teacher as the top level administrator http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/2011/03/13/student-blogging-activity-7-beginner-set-up-your-student-blogs/
- Learn how to connect with parents using blogs http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/2011/02/25/student-blogging-activity-4-beginner-helping-parents-connect-with-your-class-blog/
Once you sign up, you can do the following tasks via the dashboard:
- Add students (users) into your blog so they can interact with you and peers
- Add student blogs so they can share their work
- Use Posts to broadcast your class news-like information
- User Pages to show more static information for your class
- Upload multimedia files via Media.
- Use plugins to enhance your blog later when you want more.